Maharashtra — without doubt — is one of the leading hubs for industries in India. It also contributes a major chunk toward the growth of the Indian economy. It is well-established in several areas such as petroleum,tourism, apparel, fashion, mass media, manufacturing, aerospace and trade. Being one of the wealthiest states in India, there are several leading cities in Maharashtra which are known for their high indicators of industrial growth parameters.
Major types of industries in Maharashtra include chemical products, food products, motor vehicles, textile, machinery and equipment, refined petroleum products and so on. Mumbai and Pune are known to be industrial hub. The city of Pune is known for its IT and manufacturing industry. Mumbai as we all know is well established in software and related industry. Thane district is newcomer and contributor in service sector related activities. Nashik district is having highest revenue in terms of agriculture and allied industries.
Industries in Mumbai and around
Mumbai being the financial and commercial center of India contributes a lot in economic activities and foreign trade related industries. It is home for largest consumer packaged goods companies such as HUL, Nivea, and Colgate-Palmolive, Procter and Gamble and so on. The major industries contribution for city economy include IT and ITES, textile, entertainment, finance and jewelry related products. Port and shipping industry also is prominent and established in Mumbai.
The industrial activity in the situated mostly in Mumbai suburban district and city. Apart from the famous and well known Reliance, Tata and Essel group industries, the other main industries here include.
- Banking sector which includes Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Capital First
- Advertisement industry magnets such as Zee entertainment, DDB Mudra group, Bates CHI and partners
- Chemical industry enterprises and industries like the Aarti Industries, Pidilite, UPL ltd, Excel corp care ltd
- Construction and allied industries such as Gammon India Pvt ltd, Hindustan Constructions, Larsen and Turbo Ltd, Patel Engeneering Ltd
- Consultation Industry like the AHS hospitality, Antal International Ltd, Cedar Management, 21st Century Informatics
- Consumer related product manufacturing and industries such as Bajaj Electricals Ltd, Eureka Forbes, Blue Star Ltd, VIP industries, Kodak India
- Engineering and allied industries like Greaves cotton ltd, Larsen and Turbo, Siemens Ltd, Kores India Ltd
- Pharma industry limited like Aarti Drugs Ltd, Cipla Ltd, Lupin Ltd, FDC Ltd
Industries in Pune
Pune is well known for the IT and manufacturing industry. It is also prominent in automotive industries as well. They have their green field offices near Pune as it is well known as a center of skilled labour which has capacity for attracting investment in various forms from domestic and foreign companies. Tata motors, Bajaj auto, Mahindra & Mahindra, Kinetic Motors, Mercedes Benz, Force Motors, General Motors, Jaguar, Renault, and Land Rover and so on have green field facilities near to Pune which make it one of the leading and preferred side for the location. Some of other industries include.
- Chemical manufacturing such as Garware Wall Ropes Ltd, Cordstrap India, DSM India, Yara Fertilizers
- Construction industryunits like the KoltePatil Developers Ltd, Sangavi Movers Ltd
- Consulting Industry such as Action Coach, H&R Block India Pvt Ltd, A2Z online services, IDG India and so on
- Engineering related units such as Bharat Forge Ltd, Cummins India, Kirloskar Oil Engines, Thermax Ltd
- Advertising relatedindustry like Catenon India, Digikore Studios etc
- Information Technology includes Persistent Systems, Zensar Technologies, KPIT, Tech Mahindra
Industries in Aurangabad
Aurangabad also has hub of manufacturing facilities around the region. There is silk and cotton textile production taking place in this place. Videocon, which is a popular giant in electronics industry has a facility and unit in the city. Other small automobile and auto ancillary units are also located in and around Aurangabad region.
Navi Mumbai is an area which has well planned townships around off to Mumbai west coast in the state of Maharashtra. This comes around Konkan division. There are several industries located around this area and major ones here includes electronics, pharma, IT, Cement and construction related sectors.
Industries in Nagpur
Nagpur is leading city which is well known for automobile and chemical industries located in and around this place. Few of the prominent industries here include Aditya Auto Agencies, Bigwig Motors, Jaika Cars, Renault Wadi, Artefact Projects, TapadiaPolester, SMS ltd, Liberal systems, Apple Chemie, Biocare, Infocepts Technologies, Goverdhan Group, and so on.
Industries around Kolhapur
Kolhapur is well known for its handicraft and related products. It is, hence center for industries in wood craving, hand block printing, textile printing, chappal making and so on. This area sees a lot of manufacturing around ancient and traditional industry items.
Maharashtra is established as not only the financial centerbut also as the industry hub of India. Several regions in the state have concentrated industries which can turn into a growth formula through sectors related to electronics, pharma, IT, manufacturing, communication and allied activities. Not just the major cities in the state, but also towns and smaller cities are well known to revolve around one or the other economic activity.